Friday 24 April 2020

15 minute body shaping workouts



For some people it is hard to work out because you either don’t have the time or can’t be bothered. For me I never used to work out because I was lazy but recently, I have discovered a really good useful 15-minute workout.

Every day do 20 press ups,
50 sit ups,
20 lunges.
Do this 3 times, trying to work harder on each round. This workout really strengthens your muscles and will get you a six pack in no time.
Its okay if you struggle at first or feel tired, just try your best. It will get easier as the days go on. If you feel achy the next day then it means you have done it right, if not then just try working a little harder.
I use this work out every day and its really beneficial.
If you are a fitness freak and would like to go a bit more hardcore then try this work out:
Every day do 50 press ups,
100 sit ups,
40 lunges,
30 squat thrusts.
Again, repeat this 3 times and try to push harder each round. Thais workout is pretty similar to the other one although there are squat thrusts which is also known as a burpee. This workout is a bit more intense and just pushes you harder. Its up to you which one you choose but I personally use the first one.

These workouts help you become stronger and keep you fit but if your looking for a different type then don’t worry, I’ve got plenty.
If you’re a dancer, gymnast or someone who wants to be flexible then this work out should help.
Every day or before training do:
30 star jumps/jumping jacks,
30 seconds of high knees,
Swing your arms backwards and forwards,
Roll your wrists and ankles,
Stand in straddle and reach down to each ankle and hold for 30 seconds,
10 high kicks on each leg,
stand in a runner’s lunge for 30 seconds on each leg,
sit in pike and try to touch your toes,
30 seconds of the super man position,
20 press ups,
Hold your leg up for 10 seconds on each leg.
Hold a crab position for 20 seconds.

This workout helps you become flexible and strong at the same time and its really useful if your training to be a gymnast or dancer of some sort. You only need to do this once as its pretty intense but if you feel you haven’t done enough then you can repeat some steps or increase them time limits on them.
When I was younger, I used to do gymnastics for a little while and I remember doing very similar work outs to these before we did any gymnastics. So, make sure to stretch and warm up before attempting any tricks.

If you are into any ball sports like football or if you do a lot of running then this work out can help you a lot.
Every day or before training do:
20 squats,
10 single leg squats on each leg,
30 burpees/ squat thrusts,
20 push ups,
30 sit ups,
And try to do a sprint either in your garden or round the block.

I’m not a professional footballer, runner or anything like that but I do enjoy playing it. This workout just keeps you in shape and makes you stronger and faster. Just do this every day and you will be fit and in shape in no time.
Out of all these workouts, the one I use is the first one I mentioned as its quick easy and does the job. It all depends on what sports you do and what your trying to do. If your trying to loose weight and keep healthy then use the first one but if your trying to get better at certain sports then use the others.

It is hard sometimes to be inspired and actually work out. Personally, I would rather sit down and watch T.V and chill but that’s not going to do anything. You can chill once you have worked out. To stay motivated try keeping a timetable of when you are going to work out and set a specific time slot for yourself. It is also good to listen to music while working out so it keeps you going but make sure its upbeat music and not sad music. If you have anyone living with you then you could ask them to force you to work out as if there your coach. Another thing to keep you motivated is you could give yourself an ultimatum where if you don’t work out then you can’t do something else. For example, I could say if I don’t work out then I’m not allowed to have a pudding/dessert. You can get your family to help you with this as well.


If you are not into working out at home and you would like to get out and work out then you could go on a bike ride, you could go for a jog, you could go and play some sports at the park or in your garden and you could even do some skateboarding/roller skating. You just need to do something to keep you moving so you’re not moping around and being lazy.

I enjoy going on bike rides. I find them quite refreshing. They just take your mind of things and you can just relax and bike where you would like. Some people also like taking dogs for a walk which is another good form of exercise for you and your dog!

Some people ask how long you should work out for and according to google, a good time to work out is for 30 minutes or less but as you build your strength you can add on minutes.

I work out for about 20 minutes using the first workout I mentioned and then later on during the day I might go in the garden or go on a bike ride with my family. I don’t work out every day but I still try to keep healthy. It is okay to not work out every day and it is okay to relax, chill and have lazy days. I do all the time.


1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to try this out. A nice effective routine.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts